Siebel development is one of my key skills. One thing that I've found useful is a tool I've hacked together over the years. The primary purpose was to have a tool that automatically notified me when a Siebel project was unlocked; i.e. I've been waiting for it and someone has just checked it back in.
Since I've needed different tools for different things, I've bolted them onto the side of this utility. They're actually pretty generic and nothing to do with Siebel.
- SQL Monitor: runs a piece of SQL every 30 seconds and alerts you when the results change
- IP Monitor: lets you know when the status of a box changes (i.e. you've been waiting for it to come back up after a reboot)
- Window Title Monitor: alerts you when a window appears with either a pre-set title (mostly Siebel related), or anything you type in
- File Contents Monitor: Lets you view up to 2 files. The textbox automatically scrolls to the latest additions. This is really handy for monitoring log files.
- File Change Monitor: alerts you when a file changes
Freeware. But if you find it useful, a small donation via PayPal (no matter how small) would really make my day!
Download (for Windows 9x/XP/2003)
… to do …
… to do …
Disclaimer: A user of this software acknowledges that he or she is receiving this software on an "as is" basis and the user is not relying on the accuracy or functionality of the software for any purpose. The user further acknowledges that any use of this software will be at the user's own risk and the copyright owner accepts no responsibility whatsoever arising from the use or application of the software.